Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do I have to climb a mountain to be adventurous

You hear stories of people bungee jumping or skydiving for the first time. Some even go as far as to climb a mountain to find an adventure. And I mean a very BIG mountain or summit. They say there is a thrill. Now do I have to climb a mountain to find an adventure?

My idea of an adventure is trying anything new. Isn't that what life's about? Trying something new and reaching a goal. If your goal is to lose a few pounds, great. If you want to run a marathon for the first time, hey go for it. I'll cheer you on from the sidelines. I know a young woman in her 20s who decided to join a women's football team. I will be there for her games. With ice packs. But for me, I think I'll just stick to my new crafts.

I did want to skydive at one point in my 20s (bungee jumping never crossed my mind). Now, not so much. Why do I want to injure myself on purpose? Once again people may say it's the thrill and the chance of getting hurt is very slim, but slim is still too much for me. I haven't heard of too many injuries knitting. But of course you never know.

My first knitting class did take place on Tuesday. What did I learn? I have been knitting incorrectly. But hey I did finish a scarf, didn't I?

"You're knitting backwards"

"What do you mean I'm knitting backwards?"

"You are knitting with the yarn going clockwise around the needle. You need to wrap the yarn counterclockwise. Do you see how the yarn twists and you end up with gaps?"

Now this is where I see nothing, but what do I know? So I did as I was told and started knitting the yarn counter clockwise. This is where I thought knitting does seem a little easier and I guess the stitches do look better. Which is why I took the class. So thank you my knitting instructor.

I am also thankful to my knitting instructor because I messed up a whole row of stitches and at home would just unravel it all, but with a lot of patience on the part of my instructor (I have no patience what so ever), she fixed the row and showed me how to fix a row.

Now here's the problem. My homework. I have to stitch three more inches by next Tuesday. I really hope I don't twist the stitches. I mean come on. It's not like I'm climbing a mountain.




No comments:

Post a Comment